I have been perusing Pinterest lately searching for inspiration to help me organize my refrigerator. I don’t know about you, but my refrigerator is a mess! Honestly, it’s probably a bit too small for our family of 6, but it fits into the space allotted for it. We have a second refrigerator that just isn’t working anymore. I find it very hard to work with just our one, small refrigerator. I know…first world problems. However, it is a real problem for me. I don’t want to go to the store more than once a week and I’m done with finding forgotten leftovers in the back of the refrigerator. So here goes nothing! I decided that I would share my refrigerator adventure with you! Aren’t you so excited????!!!!??? Ha ha…well I am! I am ready to get this crazy, unorganized habitat to unidentified furry objects…wait…what am I talking about? Oh right, my refrigerator. There has NEVER been ANY unidentified furry objects in MY refrigerator. So…moving on. The following are ideas that I found on Pinterest to help me with my quest to get organized. Next week I will post a picture of my newly organized and beautiful refrigerator. My plan is to get everything I need from the dollar store. Spending $50 to $100 on bins and such is definitely not in the budget. Even if it was…no. I’d rather spend that on something else! Like a date night with my hubby!
So without further ado, here is my before picture of my refrigerator.
- Refrigerator labels I had never thought of using labels in my refrigerator until I came across this blog. This particular post gives you free printable labels for your refrigerator, but it also gives you some good visuals of how a well organized fridge might look. On top of that, her blog is just amazing for organizing and cleaning in general.
- Produce storage tips In this post, Kristin gives great tips for keeping produce fresh and longer lasting. I have to admit as well, that I LOVE how beautiful her refrigerator organization is! I love the beautiful produce stored in jars and baskets. I’m not sure about putting baskets in MY refrigerator, but I definitely want to make more use of all my mason jars!
- Refrigerator and Freezer Hacks In this post, the Krazy Coupon Lady give some great ideas for both refrigerator and freezer organization. I actually saw the idea of using plastic wrap on the refrigerator shelves years ago! I still haven’t tried it, but I think it’s genius!
- Photos of organized refrigerators This post basically has a slide show of organized refrigerators. There is no information, just pictures. But these pics still give some good ideas. Hey, I will take ALL of the help I can get!
- Refrigerator/Freezer Hacks This post has some great ideas. A few of which I think I might use. Especially the freezer ideas. My freezer needs serious help. It’s actually really small for us, but I have to make it work! Using bins/baskets to organize things in my freezer is a genius idea!
Okay, I think I have enough ideas to go on. I found quite a few Pinterest ideas that looked great, but when I clicked on the pin there was nothing. No page found or such. Frustrating! Anyway, This is the week I am going to organize. Here are pics of my refrigerator/freezer in its current state. Honestly, it doesn’t look as bad as it normally does! But I can’t wait to get it organized and stop wasting food! Food is too expensive to waste! Are you with me? Stay tuned next week for an organized refrigerator that works for a family of 6!